Monday, November 23, 2009

A Sincere Plea

There's no doubt I'm in a compromised position at the moment. An employee of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington, and a gay one at that. Oh, the irony runs so deep.

I'm not going to preach but I am going to plead.

Putting aside my own personal situation and even my pride, I would simply like to implore the Archdiocese of Washington to find a way to negotiate with the DC City Council as many other archdioceses around the country have done around the issue of same-sex marriage.

Respecting the long-standing position of the church, it certainly seems that common ground can still be found.

So many people are suffering through this ordeal on both sides of the debate. But many, many more will suffer a much worse fate should no compromise be found.

Wake up. The world is watching.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger