Wednesday, March 11, 2009

From the Field


Name: Katharine Needham
Title: 2nd Grade Teacher
Organization(s): Andrew Wilson Charter School; 2007 Teach For America Greater New Orleans Corps Member

Why I Do What I Do: I joined Teach For America Greater New Orleans because I think our country's educational system is one of the greatest injustices of our generation. My students deserve the same educational opportunities as any other children in any other neighborhood. I do what I do because I know my second graders will have better lives if I give them the skills they need to succeed. I feel like teaching in New Orleans is the best way for me to contribute to the rebuilding effort and to closing the achievement gap.

Interested in contributing a "From the Field" entry? Email regeneration.forum@gmail.com.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger